No doubt about it, when they look at us with those big soulful eyes, it becomes very clear that we share one really big connection with dogs: Our love of food. While not all human foods are good for dogs, more than a few pooches have mastered the art of successful begging. They do it with such aplomb; they make us feel cruel if we don’t give in.
These 20 dogs have earned Ph.D.s in the art of begging.
1. I’d be more than happy to take that meat off your hands if you’re tired of it.
2. When you’re trying to eat in peace but the surveillance team shows up.
3. When you have no shame, but you’re especially cute.
4. Begging? I’m not begging.
5. When your dog tries a new wrestling move.
Then there are times that your dog fakes you out. Like this cute poodle below.
6. “He started barking at the door when I got up to look outside he ran back stole a slice of my pizza.”
7. So close…and yet so far
8. “We’re on your couch…protecting your food.”
Then there’s the two-party balancing act:
9. “Can we just talk about how my dogs beg for food?”
10. These two, who never met a scoop of ice cream they didn’t like.
11. When your dog’s life imitates art.
“My dog kept begging under the patio table, and the glass made him look like a Degas/Picasso art collaboration.”
12. When you eat so slowly, your dog falls asleep.
13. Boing! Boing! Boing!
“This is our dog, Joey. I wish we could say he was trained to do this.”
14. The not-so-subtle stare.
15. And the not-so-subtle surveillance.
16. The bold but repentant food snatcher.
17. Showing the human puppy how it’s done.
18. The sweet blind doggie who almost has it right.
19. Dogs who somehow manage to be unashamed…and cute.
20. And lastly…the wishful thinker.
“It was ‘Bring Your Dog Night’ last night at the Seattle Mariners game. He stared at me the whole time like this.”
Dogs are so adorable, and they definitely brighten our days!
Featured image by WeLoveAnimals