We all like treats, right? So why shouldn’t your dog also have some tasty treats? Here are some recipes for organic dog treats that you can make right in your own kitchen.
1. Healthy Pumpkin Balls (recipe credit: ceasarsway.com)
This treat is not only delicious but is also filled with fiber, vitamin A, beta-carotene, potassium, and iron.
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 tbsp molasses
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix pumpkin, molasses, vegetable oil, and water together in a bowl
- Add the whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon to the mixture and stir until dough softens
- Scoop out small spoonfuls of dough and roll into balls on your hands (wet hands work best)
- Set the balls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet and flatten with a fork
2. Peanut Butter Banana Pupsicles (recipe credit: little things)
- 4 bananas
- 1 cup peanut butter
- In a food processor, combine the bananas and peanut butter.
- Transfer the mixture into an ice cube tray and stick a dog biscuit into each cube.
- Freeze overnight and serve!
3. Carrot And Oat Biscuits (recipe credit: little things)
One cup of each of the following ingredients.
- oat flour
- In a bowl, combine the carrots, oats, oat flour, and applesauce.
- Shape the mixture into small hearts and place on a lined baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
4. Chicken And Rawhide Pupsicles (recipe credit: little things)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Combine the chicken broth with 3/4 cup water.
- Place the mixture in an ice cube tray and freeze halfway. Add rawhide sticks to the ice cubes, then finish freezing.
5. Sweet Potato Organic Dog Treats (recipe credit: little things)
- Sweet potatoes (As many as you’d like to make)
- Slice the sweet potato into strips.
- Place the strips on a lined baking sheet and bake at 250°F for 3 hours.
So there you have it. Some simple organic dog treats recipes that you can feed to your dog. Let us know how your treats turn out. Make sure to take a photo of your dog with the treats and share the photos in the comments section. Another Related Article you might enjoy Owner Builds Playground For His Dogs.