Agreeable to any pet owner, having a pet brings lots of fun and joy to a family. Sometimes, it gets to be quite a handful. Having an animal means taking care of its every need. They need trips to the vet, lots of food, cuddles, kisses, and toys.
Sometimes even if you have the utmost care for your pet, things can still go wrong.
One day in Nebraska, an owner saw their sweet kitten’s nose swelled up. Instantly, they became alarmed. They took her straight to the vet to find the problem.
The poor kitty looked like something was terribly wrong. Her swollen nose shocked the vet when she saw it.
Soon, the medical team discovered the surprising news. The cat had a cuterebra, a type of parasite, in its nose. Typically cuterebra target wild animals for their host. Cats commonly come into contact with the parasite when they are hunting rodents or rabbits and encounter the botfly near the entryway to their burrow.
”These parasites do not look for animals, but when an animal walks around, the parasite can put eggs and hatch it as an answer to the host’s body heat. An egg can also be leaked, get into the nose or stuck in an open wound,” explains the veterinarians.